Alright prepare yourselves guys because this one’s extra spicy!
This is a super simple recipe using dried chile de arbol and pepitas so you get maximum impact with very little effort or ingredients.
Pepita Salsa with Chile de Arbol (extra spicy!)
This salsa is for serious spice-lovers only, but it also has a nice earthy flavor to round things out!
- 1 cup chile de arbol dried
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- Soften up the chile de arbol by placing in a saucepan, covering with water, and bringing to a boil
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover the saucepan and let simmer for 15 minutes
- Remove the chile de arbol from the water and place chiles in a blender along with 1/4 cup of the water from saucepan.
- Add 1/4 cup pepitas, lime juice, salt and sugar to the blender.
- Blend until fully combined