Mojo Pork Tenderloin
Citrusy pork tenderloin for a simple weeknight meal
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Prepare the marinade: combine orange juice, lime juice, garlic cloves, salt and apricot jam in a small bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined.1/4 cup fresh orange juice, 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tsp salt, 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- Marinade the pork: Place the tenderloin in a plastic bag or glass container. Pour the marinade over the pork, turning over several times to coat all sides. Place in refrigerator to marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes.1 lb pork tenderloin
- Preheat the oven 425 degrees F.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to evenly coat pan.1 tablespoon olive oil
- Once the oil is hot (shimmering but not smoking), place the tenderloin in the skillet. Reserve the marinade.
- Brown the tenderloin on each side. This step should take about 5 minutes.
- Once browned, pour as much of the marinade as desired over the top of the tenderloin.
- Place the whole skillet (including the tenderloin) into the preheated oven. (If you wish, place roasting vegetables next to the tenderloin in the skillet like baby potatoes or onions).
- Roast until internal temperature is 145 degrees (take out of the oven at 140 and let rest until 145 before slicing). This will take 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes.