Original, Forward-Thinking Trainings on Latine Food and Culture for Health Professionals
Do you know if nixtamal is considered a whole grain? What about the impact of serving beans with white rice?
Through my engaging and informative presentations, you will gain a deeper understanding of Latin cuisine, its cultural significance, and the unique nutrition benefits it can offer your clients.
My main goal as a presenter is to challenge the notion that we are the
sole experts on nutrition. By highlighting the nutritional benefits of
Latin food and traditions, I aim to help attendees realize that there is
much to learn from this rich and diverse culinary culture. My hope is
that, by the end of my presentations, attendees will leave with a
newfound appreciation for the valuable lessons that Latin food can teach
us about nutrition.
Read About my Offerings
Level 1: Introduction Topics
Level 2: Intermediate Topics
Ready to get started?
Request a quote for your speaking opportunity using the contact form below:
- March 24 – IAND Spring Assembly: Adapting Standard Nutrition Guidelines to Latine Food
- March 29 – Food Bank of Santa Barbara County: Guest Speaker, Food as Medicine Webinar Series
- April 14 – TX AND Annual Conference: Water Insecurity and Nutrition in Mexican-American Communities
- April 14 – KSAND Annual Conference: Cultural Humility Panel (Adapting Standard Nutrition Guidelines to Latine Food)
- April 27 – CANDAC Annual Conference: Navigating Beverage Options in Latinx Communities
- May 11 – Diversify Dietetics Annual Conference: Navigating Beverage Options in Mexican-American Commnities
- June 22 – TX WIC Nutrition and Breastfeeding Conference: Beyond MyPlate: Adapting Standard Nutrition Guidelines to Latine Cultural Foods