Are you looking to deepen your connection to your heritage foods? Check out this special workshop exploring the fascinating connection between Mexican history and nutrition, designed specifically for you. Discover the rich culinary traditions of Mexico and learn how to embrace them in your daily life. From traditional dishes to modern adaptations, we’ll explore how Mexican food has changed over time, the health benefits of Mexican foods and how to build balanced meals using your favorite Mexican dishes. Our goal is to empower you to embrace your heritage and all the delicious foods that come with it.
- Recording of workshop (note this is a recording of a live workshop that took place)
- Workbook: reflection questions and food lists
- Health benefits of a traditional Mexican diet
- The history of the “traditional Mexican diet”: pre-Hispanic, colonial, and modern eras
- How colonialism shaped Mexican food, as well as our ideas of “good” and “bad” food
- What today’s standard nutrition advice might get wrong about your food culture
- What a balanced Mexican plate actually looks like