This workshop is pre-approved for 1.5 CEUs by CDR.
Are you looking to deepen your understanding of Latine heritage foods? Join us for a special webinar exploring the fascinating connection between Mexican history and nutrition, designed specifically for health professionals.
Discover the rich culinary traditions of Mexico and learn how to use Mexican food culture to enhance your client’s outcomes.
From traditional dishes to modern adaptations, we’ll explore the health benefits of Mexican foods and how they can help your clients see better results.
- Recording of workshop (note this is a recording of a live workshop that took place)
- Workbook: reflection questions and food lists
- Health benefits of a traditional Mexican diet
- The history of the “traditional Mexican diet”: pre-Hispanic, colonial, and modern eras
- How colonialism shaped Mexican food, as well as our ideas of “good” and “bad” food
- What dietitians might get wrong about Mexican food
- How to coach your clients to meet their health goals while eating Mexican food